Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hugo's Diary

Today the pet sitter came. It was her first day for this particular stint. She came in for the evening meal around 630pm and then she was only here for about 10 minutes before she left. She came back around 9:30 in time to give me my insulin shot and then she was here for the night after that. She gave me my shot and then afterward when she went to throw the needle away she noticed that my mom had left her a stack of gifts. She opened the first one up and it was a 15 dollar gift card for itunes. She said at first she was wondering whether or not she could use it or not since she didn't know how it all worked. Before opening the next thing she called her girlfriend so she could give the play by play of her gift opening. She opened the second one and it was some chocolates a coffee mug and some catnip cigars for her cats. After that she went for the next box and she started freaking out. It was an ipod shuffle. She didn't know what to do with herself. She almost didn't open the rest of the gifts. Finally she contained herself and opened up the last two. One was a pair of house shoes which she needed because the other two pairs she has are falling apart due to age and Buddy chewing on them. The other was a down vest from Lands End. Finally she was done and then after talking with her girlfriend for a while she called my mom and I could hear her going on and on about the great gifts she had gotten. When she got off the phone with my mom she tole Bea and I about how great our mom is. (Like we didn't already know that!!) She said that every single year mom gets her just the right gifts. She said there has never been anything my mom gave her that she wanted to give to someone else in a regifting. She said that even if it was something she never knew she wanted that when she got it from my mom it was always perfect. She said she wished her own family took the time to pay attention in the few conversations they have with her enough that when they gave her something she felt like they were really paying attention. I feel sorry for her sometimes because she's stuck with us for Christmas but she told me that it's kinda boring with her family and it's colder where they are. She said that outside her mom she feels like Bea and I know her better and love her more anyway. She said every one else loves who they wished she'd become. I think she's become great if you want to know my opinion!! Who else can understand kitty speak as well as she can? No One That's Who!!!!! She's a keeper. I hope when mom moves she takes the pet sitter with her. If not she may have to fly her in for any of the times she's out of town. Well I'd better go I can feel another howling while I pee episode coming on.


Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Count Yourself In