Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Official There Are No New Kittens To Report At My House

Wednesday Samson and Delila got their precious parts snipped out. They have been de-jeweled. The family jewels removed and discarded who knows where. I know I am officially a mom now because of how sad I am. I know it had to be done but waa waa it wasn't easy. First the poor little rascals had to go without food from midnight the night before until they got home at 630 the day of the surgery. As if that isn't torture enought they had to endure the car ride there and they were the most well behaved and quiet little guys you've ever seen. When we got into the vet they stayed quiet the whole time despite all the funky smells wafting around that place. It smelled of dogs and cats and who knows what else, but they weren't afraid of any of it thanks to Rocky and Buddy coming to the house. Dogs don't scare them they think dogs are toys and they try to whack at their ears. Little dogs get freaked out by the kitties because they are so bold to come give the little ruffsters a sniff over. Any way when I picked them up Samson was as quiet as could be and Delila was too until she had to sit in the cold for too long while I opened the car door. She moaned in pain and discomfort letting me know to hurry up. The whole way in the car if we hit a bump or anything she just moaned and cried. I felt so bad for her. I was afraid they were going to hate me for the torture of depriving them with food and then taking them to get mutilated. When we got home I let them out and it seemed as if they were nervous that something was going to come out and grab them. When they calmed down Samson ran all around the house trying to eat any thing that was on the floor. I tended to poor little Delila and then realized that if I didn't feed them Samson was going to choke himself on something eventually. I fed the little buggars and then Delila started to lick her incision and bite at the stitches. It was driving her nuts because even squirting her didn't stop the nibbling and after a dousing of water I had to wrap her in a towel and protect her from herself. I didn't have an E-Collar so I was clueless on what to do. Especially since the stores were all closed. I ended up finding the last remaining paper plate in my house and I fashioned it into a cone and cut a hole in it for her little head to fit. I put it on her and taped it together with scotch tape. She figured out how to make my cheap little dollar store plate bend so she could reach her new chew toy and went at it again. I had to get a few old chopsticks that I had and break them in pieces to use as a splint for the paper plate. I taped the sticks all around the plate and then she looked even more hilarious with all this wood and paper and scotch tape around her head. She didn't have any periferal vision after that so she marched around the house lifting her little paws up like a German Soldier. I took a picture with my camera but I don't have a digital so we'll have to wait for the prints if you want to see the pics. I will post them as soon as they come up. I got her a real E-collar the next morning and she was very patient while waiting for the cutting to complete. Apparently she learned from her experience the day before that you shouldn't wiggle too much when a sharp object is near you. In the mean time Samson is running around like a lunatic with all sorts of energy. I was told he'd be more calm but that was a lie cause he is psycho now. Running and climbing and snuggling and wrestling. I know when I have human children I'll never have them fixed or I'll go nuts with all the energy they'll have. LOL


Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Count Yourself In